Welcome to Week 8! It’s almost the end of 1st Quarter, so make sure that you’ve got everything turned in and up to date. If you’ve been slacking, this is the time to get it together. I’ll be contacting parents this week if you’re in danger of getting a D or an F, so make sure that you do what you need to do to avoid having to get one of those messages.
Monday, October 5, is the deadline for Literature Circle Session 1 for my regular English classes. You should follow the directions here to upload your group’s video discussion file to Google Drive and share it with me:
Be sure to follow ALL of the directions (including the follow-up email) or you will lose points for this assignment. If someone in your group has been slacking and isn’t prepared for the discussion, you should do your video without him or her, as I instructed in an earlier post.
This week we’ll be continuing our discussion of Early American Literature. We’re moving on from Native American myths to Puritan literature. Here is the study guide for the rest of this unit:
I’ll be giving you printed copies of this in class.
Here’s what our week will look like:
- Discuss “Of Plymouth Plantation” (p. 76 in your textbook)
- Homework: read “Huswifery” p. 94 and “To My Dear and Loving Husband” p. 96, pre-class annotations
- Read and discuss “Huswifery” p. 94 and “To My Dear and Loving Husband” p. 96
- Continue discussion of “Huswifery” and “To My Dear and Loving Husband”
- Homework: read “Sinners in the Hands of an Angry God” p. 102, pre-class annotations
- Discuss “Sinners in the Hands of an Angry God” p. 102
- Article of the Week response due
Unit 1 Test on Native American Literature and Puritan Literature is Tuesday, Oct 13, so be sure to keep up with your reading. We may or may not go over study guides in class, but they will help you study for the tests and it would be to your advantage to fill them out.
Let’s have a great week!