There are some essential materials for English 10/English 10 Honors. You can also find this information on the syllabus, but you might have an easier time finding it here.
Every student will need:
- 2″ 3-ring binder
- Page Dividers
- looseleaf notebook paper
- green pen, blue pen, and black pen
- Textbook and Novels (can be purchased here in the MCPS bookstore or elsewhere)
- Literature: American Experience – Prentice Hall
- The Scarlet Letter
- Speak by Laurie Halse Anderson (Macmillan)
- The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald (Scribner’s)
- Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury
Throughout the year, we’ll also be reading 4 additional novels independently for our Literature Circle Book Talks. Students will be able to choose those novels from a list. They will receive that information in class once school starts.